Let It Be Sunday
Hello my friends!
It’s Sunday and I hope you’re ready for some Spring sunshine and frothy cappuccinos. Maybe treat yourself to a donut. Treat a friend to a donut. Do things that make you smile.
I’ve been missing my California home these days. Something about California air just feels familiar and settling to me. You can take the girl outta California… but you can’t take California outta the girl (no matter how many times I try to say y’all). Above photo by Jon Melendez (who just made a Jambalaya Pizza!!).
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Here’s the easy of the Internet this week:
• We need to keep talking about this California drought business: are almonds and other nuts really drought villains?
• An art director on Why She Wears The Same Thing To Work Everyday. In my world it’s more like, Why I Wear The Same Dress For A Week Straight: laze and convenience and security.
• 5 Things You Should Know About Hillary Clinton. Bonus thing: she’s a boss.
• From the series “Why I Teach”: Why I Teach My Students To Be Brave.
• Positive Thinking Doesn’t Work, Here’s What Does. I mean… with a title like this you haaave to click, right? Spoiler alert: write a list and make a plan.
• “There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.” 50 of the most beautiful lines in The Great Gatsby.
• Women Answer Questions Men Are Too Afraid To Ask. On bras and why it takes us so long to get ready… straight face emoji.
• It’s Spring and I feel like now is the time to put root vegetables in our desserts. Don’t worry… it’s cool. It’s going to be good. I promise! Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting and Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
• Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Crispy Goat Cheese. I’d eat my fill.
• What if your name was Beyonce… but you weren’t Beyonce. Are You Beyonce, Beyonce, or Just Regular Beyonce? It’s complicated.
Have a most lovely Sunday!