Let It Be Sunday!
I reserve my Saturday nights to write these posts. It’s become my favorite time of the week. Thank you for sharing that with me in the way that you do.
This week I took a mid-week jaunt (is that an annoying word?) to New York City for a bit of work. It was sunny and snowy, I ate one bagel, had more than one cup of coffee, more than one glass of wine, and one very cozy dinner at Cafe Cluny. I’m trying to gather myself and ground before my feet before I set off on some Over Easy book travels, and this post is part of my grounding routine. I hope your week has been feel-good.
Here’s some of what the Internet has to say:
• Next Monday night I’ll be at Rizzoli Bookstore in Manhattan signing copies of Over Easy. Deb from Smitten Kitchen will join me! There will be cupcakes and wine spritzers so… we’re doing it UP! Join us, won’t you? For more tour dates and events, here ya go!
• The biggest threat for middle-aged men is loneliness even though they’re all married with kids. I dunno. I have no idea.
• “What Obama understood, and Trump perhaps doesn’t, is that seeing a President unguarded need not necessarily diminish the respect he commands as a leader.” Vulnerability is something more than scotch tape on the underside of a tie, ok? Donald Trump hiding in plain sight.
• I see your creativity within contraints, Turntable Kitchen… and this waffles looks delicious: Tater Tot Waffles.
• These are beautiful and I’d like my guest bathroom to be doughnut themed sooooo: Wright Kitchen Prints
• I still can’t get Siri to set a correct timer for me but this is how millions of kids are being shaped by know-it-all voice assistants.
• So the deal is, a bunch of rich people moved to my old town of Venice California and now they’re mad at the homeless population that has been there for a loooong time before them: Trouble in Venice
• I’ll be honest. I didn’t read this but I did gawk at the beard. In Conversation: David Letterman
• This is me with an unruly bunch of wilted parsley in my refrigerator: Parsley Pesto
• I really liked making and eating these: Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Doughnuts
• You had me at crispy, creamy, spicy, salty: Deb’s Avocado Cucumber Salad
• The food you relate to most according to your birthday. Apparently I relate most to brown-bag-wrapped-wine. I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of this calendar.
• Here’s a little nugget of real talk, I don’t wear a lot of makeup, really ever at all… but as I’m headed out on this book tour I have to consider studio lights and cameras and in order to not look like a sick ghost, I might need to throw a bit of makeup on my face. In my research (mostly watching teenagers put makeup on their faces on YouTube) I’ve also run across a makeup for your body: Body Blur Lotion. Sometimes life comes atcha fast… at least that’s how I feel about it.
• The Kitchn always has solid advice: 4 mistakes to avoid when leaving butter out a room temperature. I’ve talked about butter before: Why we use unsalted butter in baking.
What a beautiful day we get to live. Enjoy it, let’s both of us.