Let It Be Sunday, 160!
It’s been a wallop of a week for me between exciting work projects, trying relationships, and deeply sad family loss. I’m hoping that this Sunday offers a settling of heart, mind and body for me and… while I’m making wishes for myself, I have the same hopes for you. Essentially, I hope we all can just sit down and close our eyes for a spell.
Putting this post together is one of my favorite tasks in a week. I hope you enjoy this offering. I’ve heard some of your requests and added source mentions after each link so you know where you’re headed before you get there.
Have a lovely day – thank you for being here, ok?
• The youth aren’t having it with your ‘thoughts and prayers’, Senators. You hear them? Teenagers Demand ‘Never Again’ in an Age of Mass Shootings. (The Atlantic)
• So Hey, How Worried Should I Be About The Flu? (The Cut) Like… worried enough to wipe down every surface around my airplane seat and give major side-eye to anyone who has the audacity to cough in my general vicinity? Ok. Because that’s where I’m at.
• This saga: Worst Roommate Ever (New York Magazine)
• Pinterest worthy catch phrases really rub me the wrong way these days – unless they refer to me doing things like Beyonce. This little gem from McSweeney’s really hits the spot: An Open Letter To The Phrase “Positive Vibes Only”.
• Our girl Karen Kilgariff of our podcast My Favorite Murder has profound thoughts about self acceptance and ranch dressing. (AVClub)
• I Am A Masterchef Survivor. Y’all, reality television is ruff – don’t do it.
• My friend Nicole and I were discussing our desire for luxury living and we’ve decided that we need to save up for stonewashed linen bedding. Dreams, ok? (Food52)
• A Cozy Kitchen made this Cacio e Pepe Mac and Cheese that we all suddenly can’t live without.
• These little dreams are one of my favorite thing to make (and eat): Simple Jam Hand Pies.
• I realize that I might be among the few people who love… cabbage. Probably. Nevertheless, 5 Tips For Cooking Cabbage From Recipe Around The World. (The Kitchn)
• Listen up, I love a sneaker. These are special.
• Mad respect for the Single Lady Pancake! The version pictured above has lemon zest and poppy seeds and thawed blueberries on top and all-in-all it was a very good idea.