There’s a bag of potato chips in my pantry that I’m trying to ignore because I have no willpower whatsoever. That’s my update. What’s going on with you?
Here’s what’s on my Internet mind:
• A new friend sent me a link to this TED Talk about how Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are. I promptly put the method to the test by standing like a super boss lady in my bathroom for two minutes, then going to a car dealership to buy a car. Yea…. talk about intimidation. I feel like arms akimbo worked! At the very least I was conscious of my own body language, I kept my shoulders strong and confident, and I negotiated financing rates like I know what a finance rate is…. Fake it until you become it! Repeat x infinity.
Follow-up: being a grown lady is like… really? Me? Now? How?
• Because I can never watch just one TED Talk, I followed body language up with A Kinder Gentler Philosophy of Success. Alain de Botton first addresses the Sunday Stresses and talks about the merits of a meritocracy.
• I can never go too long without talking about nail polish. My absolute favorite polish is Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy nail polish. If you’re a polish-y kind of person you must try this stuff! The colors are bold and modern, and the polish is thick (without being gross thick) making it easy to coat your nails in saturated color in two coats. No gel heaters needed. No fight getting the polish off. I’m really into it!
• These Free People Platform Shoes are calling my name. I’ll have to start putting dollar bills in ye old piggy bank.
• Boy oh boy, sometimes the Internet just blows me away. Remember, a few years back, before Instagram existed? What were our cellphones even for back then if not constantly flipping through picture updates? Fortune has a fascinating look inside Instagram’s rise to popularity and how corporations are desperately trying to monetize everything everywhere: Instagram Is Ready To Take Its Shot.
• I’ve been revisiting Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall aaallll week long! Few things are better.
• I’m completely enamored with these beeswax cloth food storage wraps. I use them to wrap loaves of bread I’ve sliced into. They’re cloth coated in a thin layer of beeswax, jojoba oil, and tree resin creating a really cool re-usable storage option. I like very much.
• Let’s throw a S’mores Party for real!
• Are people still paying for Twitter followers? Fake Friends With Real Benefits. Wait… is this because we care about our Klout scores? Can’t be. Social media is the weirdest thing.
• I’m very serious about my caramel and these Sea Salt Caramels with Dark Chocolate are absolutely the best chocolate and caramel combination I’ve ever had. I mean whoa! It’s a good thing I ate them all or I’d still be eating them… all.
Happy Sunday! Let’s chill on the Sunday Stresses. Wine helps, as do french fries.
Photograph by the gracious and talented N.R. Underwood.