Hello my friends! Welcome to another edition of This Is Your Life Sunday. Just look at you living! Take a little time to yourself! I’m really glad you’re here. Everyone insists on talking about the end of Summer and I say no! I’m still wearing white shorts and sunglasses despite the September calendar. No ‘Welcome back from Summer’ emails for me, please. I’ve been here in my Turn Down For What t-shirt for months. So…. there you have it.
The world continues to be a shaken up mish-mash of heartbreaking and beautiful things. Here’s what the week has for us:
• You know how hackers elbowed their way into the cell phone photos of celebrities and released a bunch of nude photos for all to ooogle at? That’s really rude and intrusive. Question: is a women’s privacy is less important than male pleasure. Does that question make you uncomfortable? Me too.
• Are we wired for negativity over good? I think the answer lies in the fact that I more often remember the negative blog comments over the positive ones. Dangit brain!
• Are you nerding out about Tuesday’s Apple announcement? Wait… are you already standing in line? Too soon. Too soon. The Verge compiled their thoughts on the new iWatch. Is it weird that the possibility of this makes me really nervous?
• On the flip side, how about a distraction-free iPhone. There’s relief in there. Think about it.
• A Columbia student will carry around a mattress until her rapist is expelled. Statement meets art.
• I didn’t go to college right after high school and at the time it seemed like a really big deal to my family and friends. I eventually went to college in my 20’s when I had more of an idea of who I was and what I wanted to do. Mostly it’s about being true to who you are, even when people think you’re stone-cold craaaazy. How to skip college and thrive. Be true to you!
• Joan Rivers, we’re going to miss you. You were so much more than ‘who are you wearing’.
• I like my coffee like I like my men…. What your coffee order says about you.
• 6 things the happiest families have in common. Dinner is a big deal.
Have a lovely Sunday!
I love you byeeee!