Happy Sunday my friends! I hope your week has been full, productive, filled with coffee and salad and the occasional treat. I’m working hard on a cookbook about BRUNCH while preparing to jump up and down for my second cookbook release Homemade Decadence. I feel very blessed to live these days.
There is lots of riffraff on the Internet these days. Here are some a few of my favorites from this week:
• Let’s talk about technology. The Brave New Phone Call.
• Are you ready for a new social network!? Don’t worry, I hear you screaming NOOOOOOO just below my own similar screams. Despite our cries… Ello. Is it the invite only anti-Facebook social network or is it just another pain in the rear? According to The Atlantic Ello Says You’re Not A Product But You Are. SIGH.
• “Defying expectations is one thing; winning a war in which victory has not yet been adequately defined is another.” The Reluctant Loner President Builds a Coalition and Goes After Terrorists Across Syria because really bad things are still happening in Syria and Iraq.
• Co-creator of The Simpsons Sam Simon is in a philanthropic race against terminal cancer: Always Leave Them Laughing.
• Why Men Never Remember Anything. It’s not because they aren’t listening… it’s because as youths, boys are spoken to differently than girls.
• I’m reading Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward. It is heartbreaking and beautiful.
• I often skip wearing an apron in the kitchen because I don’t want a shapeless / boxy piece of fabric to ruin my dinner party outfit. Thankfully the new line of Salt House Aprons keeps my fashion and kitchen vanity in mind with their lovely aprons. My favorite is the Maxi. I wear it high-waisted and it’s super chic.
• Never buy that little jar of pre-made Pumpkin Pie Spice again: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
• New Joy the Baker Podcast for you: The GIF That Keeps On Giving.
• Arugula Persimmon and Pomegranate looks divine.
• Maple Pumpkin Latte Syrup. I believe this will be quite delicious!
Let’s enjoy this day! I love you, bye-bye!