Hi friends! Look at us having a Sunday!
I’ve been in Nashville this week, mostly cozied up in a house trying my very best to write a cookbook about Brunch. In between the brainstorming and typing I’ve eaten ALL the things in Nashville. I smell like barbecue, and coffee, and tacos. If you’re repulsed and concerned… don’t worry, I’m doing it right.
Thank you to all of you who came to my book signing at Parnassus Books. Meeting you really is the highlight of anything I do. I adore you.
Here’s our week on the Internet:
• Time Magazine’s Person of the Year: Ebola Fighters. Read this.
• I Can’t Be Forgiven for Abu Ghraib: the torture report reminds us of what America was.
• Louisiana’s Moon Shot. The coastline is disappearing, but will $50 billion save it?
• It’s that time of year. Round-up, reminiscing, and that reverent thing we do at the end of a year. 2014: Year in Photographs January – April
• As someone who has worked both front and back of house in restaurants, I must say I’m throwing up some Hallelujah hands for this one: Los Angeles restaurant adds industry’s first Kitchen Gratuity line to checks. I hope the dishwashers are in on the back of house tip-pooling. Real heroes.
• The most annoying types of airline passengers. Don’t you dare bring that fried chicken on the plane unless you plan on sharing with me.
• Excuse Me While I Kiss This Guy. Let’s talk about how we hear things. Mondegreen is the phenomenon of mishearing phrases to make sense in your head. I’m a PRO.
• The Pilots of Instagram. Um… you guys? I’m going to need to you to focus. Please. FOR REAL.
• How I Tried To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. 100% all-the-way ridiculous.
• I know everyone is obsessed with the Serial Podcast, but let’s not forget that Uhh Yeah Dude is actually the best podcast there is.
• Baking = Therapy. Who you tellin’?
• Ladies be dressing. The good. The bad. The not so pretty.
• Did you take a moment to wish Taylor Swift a happy birthday? So it’s gonna be forever / Or it’s gonna go down in flames.