[C]old season? Nope. Not going to do it. Flu season? Get right outta here with all that. Sniffles? Congestion? The general drags? Nobody has time for all that.
To keep the sickness bugs at bay as the days frost over and chill, I’m shoving every whole and healthy bit of produce I have into my juicer. This version is heavy on the big, bright citrus of Winter, and spiked with spicy fresh ginger.
There’s no way a cold is getting me down. #knockonwood
A good while ago, on a juicing kick, I talked a lot about juicing here: On Juicing. Since them, I’ve eaten a lot of french fries and chocolate chip cookies.
It’s got to be good to drink something this naturally brightly colored, right? I mean… vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and a million other awesome things! It’s a big bright glass full of health. It’s good news for our insides and outsides. Happy almost Winter!Print
- 5 carrots, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tangerine, peeled and segmented
- 2–3 inches ginger, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces
- Because we’re working with hard root vegetables and juicy citrus, we’re going to need a pressing juicer. I’m afraid a blender won’t give you the same affect.
- Run all of the ingredients through a juicer. Enjoy immediately over ice.
- Serving Size: 2 large servings of juice