[T]here’s spirit in the air. It’s palpable. It feels like confetti and excitement… the kind of excitement you might confuse for anxiety until you realize that there’s confetti, bubbles, and beads in the air. Literally and metaphorically.
Last night the Krewe du Vieux parade passed by the house. In other news, New Orleans is magic, New Orleans is Mars, and it’s Mardi Gras so get all the way into it!
This week was a mish-mash of this and that: work, rest, dentist appointments, afternoon lunch with a new friend. I’m doing my best to slow down, look around me, and take hold of all the inspiration floating in the air. Let’s get it all. Also. Next week: CAKE. See batter above.
It’s also Superbowl Sunday, but you should know that the words Deflate Gate mean nothing to me. Nothing.
• BREAKING NEWS! A ball pit for adults has opened in London. BRB MOVING TO LONDON FOREVER. Send hand sanitizer, and chewing gum, and maybe a pair of overalls.
• David Simon (creator of The Wire and all around crunchy dude and great writer) doesn’t care what you think about… anything really, but especially Omar. David Simon, Show Me A Hero.
• Consider The Bartender. I’ll have a Sazerac, please.
• The Evolution of Diet. Does this mean donuts are out?
• Deep thoughts: The Forgiveness Boost.
• I went to a spa for my uterus and this is my story. If you’re raising your eyebrow in question… the answer is YES, of course we have Gwenyth to blame.
• Men outnumber women on the planet by a cool 60 million: a story of drinkers, genocide, and unborn girls. That’s real.
• One year ago this week I was in Uganda with Compassion. I think about these faces everyday. Gah! The love I have for them is big.
I hope your Sunday is one of those Sundays you remember in your bones come Wednesday.