[H]appy Sunday, friends!
I have three hopes for you today:
I hope there’s champagne in your orange juice and fresh flowers in a vase. What luxuries… seriously.
I hope you make yourself a big pot of Roasted Garlic Soup and not care a lick about the garlic breath you might have for the next full week or so. (Kidding… it’s not really that bad.)
I sincerely hope you take some time to slow it all down today. Leave and the muss and fuss for Monday and Wednesday.
(photo above from Young Blood, Atlanta.)
This was a week. We’re carrying on through the year, aren’t we?
• There is an election this coming week in Nigeria, but what’s really most pressing there is Boko Haram. This from the NYT: Nigerian Army Noticeably Absent From Town Liberated from Boko Haram.
• We live in an age of irrational parenting. I don’t even want to let my housecat out on the patio, so I totally understand this.
• Seven years ago Los Angeles banned the expansion of fast food restaurants in South LA in an effort to curb obesity rates. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.
• In a world that has a review for dang-near everything on the planet, I mean… who can we trust? Inside The Mad Mad World of TripAdvisor.
• Have you seen the new HBO show ‘The Jinx’? Probably yes. You’re much more on top of things than me. I juuust now figured out that House of Cards is back and new. I have yet to see ‘The Jinx’, but woweee how we blur real life and entertainment: The Queasy Finale of ‘The Jinx’
• Ben Dorcy has been a roadie since 1950. Let’s wrap our brain around that kinda life and then read all about him: The First Roadie Ever
• I haven’t read this yet, but here’s a peek into my Internet-land weekend reads: The Woman Who Froze In Fargo.
• There’s an app for that: You phone buzzes when you approach places where women made history (aka herstory).
• Ask a Wine Pro: Pronouncing Wine Words. When you want to do more than wince and point.
• I will eat hummus until the cows come home. Related: I don’t want to talk about my breath. Thanks. Green Goddess Hummus.
• New Orleans love! We have a new happy place: St. Roch Market.
• Kate Spade and her forever-clever clutches: Wedding Belles.
Happy day to you and us!
I love these posts from you, thanks for all the interesting reads!
What an interesting list!