[I] have good news for us, friends! Two things. One: it’s Sunday. Two: life is not boring. Life is big and beautiful and staggering and hard and long and short and thank goodness for Sunday.
I hope this day finds you settled and just a little bit lazy. I’m off to Jazz Fest here in New Orleans. If you need me I’ll be in the Gospel Tent with a daiquiri.
Happy day to you.
I took some of the Internet and gathered it for you here:
• Wonderful people are made, not born. This is so great: The Moral Bucket List
• This is staggering. “In New York, almost 120,000 black men between the ages of 25 and 54 are missing from everyday life. In Chicago, 45,000 are, and more than 30,000 are missing in Philadelphia.” Read. 1.5 Missing Black Men
• Robert Durst and another cold case. Seriously?
• Is the first date too early for couples therapy? Answer: no.
• Belle Gibson lied about having brain cancer. Generally and universally speaking, totally not cool. But here’s why we’re part of the problem, too.
• A brief look inside the bizarre and sadistic Presidential Fitness Test. I remember being reeeaaallly proud that I passed this test with flying colors.
• How to design a roller coaster that will make you beg for mercy. I’d call uncle about 8 seconds in and that picture you captured of me in my moment of supreme terror… well that wasn’t very nice of you at all.
• I’m going on the I’m-Running-For-President Diet. Oh wait… NO I’M NOT. I confused myself with Jeb Bush which I’ll never ever do again.
• Give this a listen: Julia Turshen on The Design Observer.
• 2015’s list of the 150 Best Bars in America. Just in case.
• Inside the largest Buddhist settlement in the world. There is big beauty in the world.
• Provisions by Food52 has some really beautifully crafted kitchen and life items. I love this Blue Tart Plate and these perfect Biscuit Cutters.
Have the most wonderful Sunday!
Loved the Moral Bucket List, so many thoughts. Please don’t confuse yourself with Jeb Bush again- I’m from Florida and I don’t want to have to hate you with the fire of 1000 suns.
I have to add my name to those who love your Sunday list and read the articles. I, too, loved the one about the Moral Bucket List. A lot of blogs now have these weekly lists with links, but yours is the most thought-provoking I have come across, and I truly appreciate that. It has fun and frivolous stuff, but also important things. It shows you are not afraid to share these things which mean something to you, and I appreciate and respect that as well. Thank you!
Omg, I hated the Presidential Fitness Test! I always thought it was so weird to be tested on stuff we never actually did in PE class, other than running. And not to mention the ick-factor of holding some other kid’s feet down while they did sit-ups. Blech!
Joy, just wanted to tell you how much I like your Let it be Sunday posts. I like the other days, too…. but always come by on Sunday to enjoy all your great finds. Thanks!
Food52 has awesome baking tools. I am obsessed with cute things for the kitchen and to bake with! Thanks for sharing, I’ll have to check them out!
That moral bucket list article is thought-provoking, humbling, and was the best way to start my Sunday. I love waking up early, making a cup of hot tea, and reading through the articles you share with us. Thank you!