[I] have good news for us, friends! Two things. One: it’s Sunday. Two: life is not boring. Life is big and beautiful and staggering and hard and long and short and thank goodness for Sunday.
I hope this day finds you settled and just a little bit lazy. I’m off to Jazz Fest here in New Orleans. If you need me I’ll be in the Gospel Tent with a daiquiri.
Happy day to you.
I took some of the Internet and gathered it for you here:
• Wonderful people are made, not born. This is so great: The Moral Bucket List
• This is staggering. “In New York, almost 120,000 black men between the ages of 25 and 54 are missing from everyday life. In Chicago, 45,000 are, and more than 30,000 are missing in Philadelphia.” Read. 1.5 Missing Black Men
• Robert Durst and another cold case. Seriously?
• Is the first date too early for couples therapy? Answer: no.
• Belle Gibson lied about having brain cancer. Generally and universally speaking, totally not cool. But here’s why we’re part of the problem, too.
• A brief look inside the bizarre and sadistic Presidential Fitness Test. I remember being reeeaaallly proud that I passed this test with flying colors.
• How to design a roller coaster that will make you beg for mercy. I’d call uncle about 8 seconds in and that picture you captured of me in my moment of supreme terror… well that wasn’t very nice of you at all.
• I’m going on the I’m-Running-For-President Diet. Oh wait… NO I’M NOT. I confused myself with Jeb Bush which I’ll never ever do again.
• Give this a listen: Julia Turshen on The Design Observer.
• 2015’s list of the 150 Best Bars in America. Just in case.
• Inside the largest Buddhist settlement in the world. There is big beauty in the world.
Have the most wonderful Sunday!