[H]ow has your week been? I hope you’re all eased into the weekend and you’re feeling happy, well, and making your own coconut whipped cream.
I’ve been visiting Philadelphia again this week. The days are so warm and gorgeous, I feel like everyone that spent a cold cold Winter here deserves these pretty days much more than me. I’m soaking it all in just the same.
While you meander through these links, just know that I’m here trying to figure out the easiest, most approachable way for us to make fried chicken at home. I have a major craving. I’ll solve this for all of us.
The Internet for our knowing:
• This week Congress reworked the post 9/11 Patriot Act. This is a big deal because most of us weren’t paying attention to the details of US surveillance until Edward Snowden asked us to pay attention.
• Judge This: the power of first impressions. Clarity or mystery, which do you choose?
• Men that take up more than one seat on a train because they think they deserve a whole lotta leg spread vs. lady who simply wants a seat. I’ve Been Sitting On Manspreaders For The Last Month and I Have Never Felt More Free.
• How my doppelgänger used the Internet to find a befriend me. So… just for future reference, if you look exactly like me, cool. No need to stage a photo, I’ll take your word for it. If, however, you have Tron’s doppelgänger, he’s happily accepting all staged photos and emails.
• I’m interested in this book: The Good Gut. The scientific authors are trying to keep our good body bacteria from going extinct. The key? All the fiber all the time.
• Enough with the love locks. They’re really really heavy.
• I had no idea I should be braising radishes! From The Kitchn: Braised Radishes with Shallots and Bacon.
• Roasted Strawberry and Toasted Coconut Popsicles! It’s time for popsicle diet.
Have a happy day!