Milk Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Prep Time: 80
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 1 hour 32 minutes
- 4 oz. (half a block) cream cheese, well softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (about 18-20 cookies)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and creamy, about a minute. Make sure that both the cream cheese and butter are very well softened to avoid any lumps. Add the brown sugar and egg and beat on medium-low speed for 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped Oreos and milk chocolate chips.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap (or cover the bowl in plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least 1 hours, or overnight.
- Place a rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon out dough balls, a heaping 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Place on the prepared baking sheets, providing at least 1 1/2 inches between each cookies. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes, until edges begin to brown but the middle is still a bit gooey! Cool before serving to allow them to hold their shape.