Hello my friends! It’s Sunday which means we’re entitled to three donuts, two cups of coffee, and one really solid high-five.
I was in Chicago this week working with KitchenAid and I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you that most of me was keeping an eye out for Anthony Edwards, Noah Wylie, and early George Clooney from the 90’s hit medical drama ER. Do you remember how good that show was? I mean… Grey’s Anatomy ain’t got nothin’… except that time when Denny died and a little piece of ALL OF US died with him.
These are things that, if I used Snapchat, I’d discuss ad-nasuem.
I hope this day allows you some rest and rejuvenation. Here’s some Internet, if that will help:
• Welp. Here we are. Stressed, Tired, Rushed: a portrait of the modern American family
• The things we carry and the magic words to say when everything is going wrong.
• Mark Bittman on Why I Quit My Dream Job At The NYT. More boots on the ground.
• We’re in a weird position. Middle class people have money, but don’t… America is full of high-earning poor people. Maybe we subscribe to too many music and television streaming services, and boutique coffee delivery services that are secretly depleting all of our dollars. Or maybe I’m just talking about myself. Nevermind. Carry on.
• How one Australian Instagram star is fed up with the facade and became a Social Media Game Changer.
• Food 52 has a friend list of Family Food Myths. The only thing that circulated my family dinner table was ‘you better finish your fish sticks… there are starving children in China’ which may not be a myth, but I never was sure what that had to do with the cold fish on my plate.
• Area girlfriend and her blanket. Highlights of living alone: Winter thermostat at 78. (I’m ridiculous.)
• Our next Baking Bootcamp is coming up at the end of the week. Here’s what we’ll need: King Arthur Flour Sourdough Starter
• A Thanksgiving cacophony I can get behind: Vegducken.
• I’m making this today. I may or may not take pictures of it. Lemon-Almond Butter Cake
• It’s time for very good looking waterproof rain boots, because we’re grown and our feet are important.
• As we start to book our holiday travel, let us also consider early holiday gifting: carry on cocktails.
I think you’re great.