Happy Sunday, my friends! Are you still working on leftover turkey? We’ve blown through our cranberry sauce and gravy so now… what’s the point of turkey?
I hope this weekend has been loud and rowdy, with loads of laughter and way too many dirty dishes. That’s how you know you’re doing it right.
I spent the holiday in Palm Springs with my family. This is my grandmother’s kitchen window and giant roses I thought were fake for two days. They’re real. Now I’m back in New Orleans YouTubing how to hang shelves and putting up Christmas decorations. Simple things, but it feels like a very good life.
Here’s some Internet thoughts and words:
• How ‘Treat Yourself’ Became a Capitalist Command. From indulgent introspection to reflexive consumerism. Have we been fooled?
• 7 Habits of people with remarkable mental toughness. We’re gritty. We’ve got this.
• Is it OK to listen to R Kelly? The answer is NO.
• I think these are beautiful images. The 12 o’clock boys, photos from Baltimore
• OMG! The Hyperbole of Internet Speak. Not literally dying… not even figuratively dying. ‘Laughed a little on the inside’ is probably most correct.
• It’s gotten so weird, you guys. The Five Stages of Ghosting Grief
• Five more things? 5 Things to learn from Julia Child’s kitchen. Let’s be kitchen maximalists.
• A top NYC street photographer’s five favorite backdrops and tips.
• Never too late for this life skill: How to get the perfect first pie slice.
• Mustard Bath… this has got to be good, right?
• I made one of my Instagram prints available as a print: Macaron wrapped canvas print and Macaron poster (great in 12×12 high-gloss or archival matte).
• I know a good apron when I tie one around my waste. I LOVE this LumberJill apron. Extra long and chic. Plus! 30% off with the code THANKFUL.
Have a happy day. Rest and be easy.
Re mustard bath: “helping people to eliminate acid waste and balance their pH”. Ah, there we go. Made-up hooey. Enjoy soaking if you want to smell mustard, but don’t expect anything else.
Love the picture in the post totally!:-)
I’ve been trying to drive a few times before when I’ve encountered the bikers in Baltimore, and they are scary because they don’t obey traffic laws, deliberately. Cars have to come to a standstill in all four directions until the bikers decide they’re done zooming around and doing wheelies.
waist, girl! you’re no waste!
I mean–I’m not going to pretend like the length of that apron is even remotely practical. But I’m also not going to pretend like I’m not COMPLETELY in love with it. I loooove.
The 7 habits of mental toughness are really invaluable. But your thrillist article was surprisingly useful for me :)
Yes, the images you linked here are indeed beautiful! Thank you <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
Grit. I like it. Do what you can do is put in a positive, active view. So many times on facebook, the positive is so negative and so “f” everyone except who is not about me. Thanks.