Happy Sunday, my friends! Are you still working on leftover turkey? We’ve blown through our cranberry sauce and gravy so now… what’s the point of turkey?
I hope this weekend has been loud and rowdy, with loads of laughter and way too many dirty dishes. That’s how you know you’re doing it right.
I spent the holiday in Palm Springs with my family. This is my grandmother’s kitchen window and giant roses I thought were fake for two days. They’re real. Now I’m back in New Orleans YouTubing how to hang shelves and putting up Christmas decorations. Simple things, but it feels like a very good life.
Here’s some Internet thoughts and words:
• How ‘Treat Yourself’ Became a Capitalist Command. From indulgent introspection to reflexive consumerism. Have we been fooled?
• 7 Habits of people with remarkable mental toughness. We’re gritty. We’ve got this.
• I think these are beautiful images. The 12 o’clock boys, photos from Baltimore
• OMG! The Hyperbole of Internet Speak. Not literally dying… not even figuratively dying. ‘Laughed a little on the inside’ is probably most correct.
• It’s gotten so weird, you guys. The Five Stages of Ghosting Grief
• Five more things? 5 Things to learn from Julia Child’s kitchen. Let’s be kitchen maximalists.
• Never too late for this life skill: How to get the perfect first pie slice.
• Mustard Bath… this has got to be good, right?
• I know a good apron when I tie one around my waste. I LOVE this LumberJill apron. Extra long and chic. Plus! 30% off with the code THANKFUL.
Have a happy day. Rest and be easy.