It’s been a stunner of a week here in New Orleans. Those of us that live down here in the swamp are living it up, soaking in the clear days and perfect temperatures knowing that July is coming. July is hard and July is coming. My parents came to town this past week and they helped me navigate some seemingly adult decisions (I promise to tell you more soon), and I rewarded them with pizza from Pizza Delicious, and sugary cold cereal in the morning. All is fine and good! I hope this week has been kind, with a hint of Spring in the air.
The Internet is screaming about Trump mostly, and a few other things:
• I sometimes go down ‘whatever happened to that dude’ rabbit holes. Since it’s election season (heeelllppp) I thought I’d do a deep dive on the very very not cool dude John Edwards. Remember that liar? Not a cheap shot… he really lied about so so so much. What ever happened to John Edwards?
• Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on Donald Trump. He knows words. He has the best words. Sidenote: what is happening to us?
• It seems as though everyone is freaking out. The Trump Tipping Point
• That time you see your old friend from grade school perform on The Voice and you cry a little and then a lot. Alisan Porter on The Voice. Get it, girl.
• Right on right on right on. Tina Fey Goes To War This is GREAT!
• Laura Wasser Is Hollywood’s Complete Divorce Solution. Laura has such a sense of humor for such dark days.
• The Cheap Person’s Guide to the Farmer’s Market. How to stay on budget with cash in hand and $22 dollar strawberries likely not in hand.
• Jessica made Perfectly British Lemon Puds… which I think means pudding and definitely looks delicious.
• I feel the need to remind you that these Milk Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies might be the best in the world, without being hyperbolic.
• Go ahead and add cod to the grocery list. Lots of it. Here’s what happened when some dude ate like The Rock for one month.
• It’s Sno-ball season here in New Orleans which means… come on down because you’re missing out! Top Ten Places for a Snowball Fight.
• Our new phone case is pretty obnoxious but we love it anyway.
• I really like this off the shoulder Spring number.
Hope it’s wonderful today!