The past month has been forward progress in doing things I didn’t think I could do… until I pushed and tried and made lists and made phone calls and laced up my shoes and just TRIED. Yesterday I ran my first 10k race. I finished first (that is a lie). I signed up on Tuesday fairly confident in my ability to run 3 miles, less confident in my ability to run 6.2… until I tried and I did. I hope to have more exciting news to share with you next week, but I’m still in the TRYING HARD phase which sometimes takes more time and longer lists to muddle through.
I hope the Spring days are bringing light, growth, and new flickers of excitement to your heart. Enjoy this day of brunch and Easter lilies. Real is on the rise, according to Drake. Here’s what the Internet wants us to know:
• Friday’s news: Jesus of Nazareth, Who Messianic Message Captivated Thousands, Dies at About 33. A NYT obit of Jesus. Spoiler alert? He came back (from the dead).
• How The Terrorists Lose. Deny them the fear they so badly seek.
• An exploration of expectations. Six photographers photograph the same man, each having been given different false preconceptions about his life. A portrait session with a twist.
• According to all of my late night internet research, every malady I have is either a deadly cancer, pregnancy, or infertility. Truth is… it’s probably just a headache from not drinking enough water. The search for medical internet answers is slippery and sloppy at best. We’re More Honest With Our Phones Than With Our Doctors. Cool, right?
• The story of these NBA players and their mega deals with Nike is really interesting. Also… Nike has a narrow vision of what a sports hero looks like… but they’re Nike and they sign lifetime contracts and MICHAEL JORDAN ’96 ’97.
• What it means to find your bar because I adore the writing of Marian Bull.
• I put together a loose Winter Capsule Collection… mostly meaning I wore the same three things every day for the past few months. It’s time to transition to Spring. Tracy has done it well: Spring Capsule Collection.
• Lipstick that won’t get on your wine glass. It’s the little things that get us through. Thank you, Whitney.
• Butter Sauce. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.
• I feel like you’re either on this bandwagon, or you’re setting this bandwagon on fire. (At 34.75 years of age… I have my matches ready). Denim Overall Dress.
• How to address all the hard-boiled eggs: Extra Special Deviled Eggs.
• Follow up: Can we only drink Strawberry Watermelon Citrus Sangria now? Too soon?
Happy Easter! Happy Sunday!