Alkalizing Green Soup
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 heaping cups)
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable stock, depending on how thick you want your soup
- 1 bunch destemmed lacitano kale
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 large handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves (optional if you hate it)
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the spices and toast for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add 3 cups of vegetable broth and simmer, uncovered, until broccoli is softened, about 8 minutes. Add the kale, watercress, parsley, and cilantro and stir until the greens are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer about half of the broth and vegetables to a blender. Blend until smooth. Repeat until all of the soup is blended well. Add remaining both if you’d like a thinner soup. Transfer back to the pot. Heat over low heat, season with salt and pepper and the juice of a lime. Enjoy warm.