A short, Memorial Day edition of Let It Be Sunday because we should all be outside living it up and I’m obnoxious enough to still be celebrating my birthday in gorgeous Philadelphia, there are ribs in the oven calling my name and wine that isn’t going to drink itself.
I hope this finds you living happily and well!
Here’s some of the Internet, minus all that hulk Hogan and political NONSENSE:
• A fascinating weekend read: The secret life of Kim Jung Un’s aunt, who has lived in the United States since 1998.
• Never ending is my fascination for Mt. Everest. Five climbers went missing on the mountain this week. Here’s an excerpt from Jon Krakauer: When you reach the summit of Everest, you’re only halfway there.
• The FDA is shaking its head NO at the label ‘evaporated cane juice’. Sugar is sugar, y’all. It’s ok.
• The birth of the baby carrot. I mean… we all know they aren’t actually baby carrots, right?
• Very (un)important: A conversation between two insane gum obsessives.
• Candace Bushnell is on Tinder at 57. Let’s read her thoughts: Tinder in the City.
• Social media is the strangest and strongest. Why Snapchat’s Influencer Economy Runs On Hot Tubs, Selfies, and Whey Protein. Halp.
• I mentioned those ribs I have in the oven? They be these: How to make great ribs in the oven. We all have The Kitchn to thank!
• Earlier this week I posted a kitchen adventure for us and had a little snafoo with the post. We’re back in business and you should totally make these Shrimp Tempura Sushi Burritos! It was so much fun!
• High neck A-line dress with pockets!? Everyone wins.
Much more later this week including a cupcake, a regular cake, and some sort of taco.
I think you are supreme.