I’m here with some Monday tools because I want us to have a week that is equal parts productive and not totally sucky. We’re writing lists, we’re being considerate to ourselves and people around us, and we’re going to tackle the big and the daunting. Essentially, I want us not to pull our hair out.
We need a team high-five. Let’s fight the good fight!
• I write a daily to-do list but on Mondays it’s nice to write a more broad list in addition to the daily deal. Write a list of goals for the week. This could include larger projects you have on your plate, a home task (why is folding laundry so so so hard!? ), or a self-care treats. (How about a face mask whiiiiile folding laundry? Boom boom pow.)
• Have fun making dinner one night. Yea… even if it’s just for you. How about The Best Weeknight Chicken Dinner? There’s buttery rice and peas involved, plus leftovers for lunch.
• Try something fresh. Even if it’s Facebook Live and even though that seems terrifying.
• Do the thing you don’t want to do. For me that means calling my health insurance company. I’m SO GOOD at NOT doing this. I need to change my game and really… just do it. Do the daunting things first thing and relish in the glory of crossing it off the list.
• In conflict, think of the other perspective. See someone’s frustration as where they might need support and what you can offer. And then, if you do this successfully… eat an ice cream sandwich because that business is hard sometimes.
• Call someone you love. On the phone. With your voice. It’s all about nurturing relationships which, apparently, don’t nurture themselves.
• Give someone a pep talk. My maj Tracy has gotten me on the pep talk bandwagon this week. It feels good to encourage people because it’s basically like encouraging yourself at the same time. Positivity breeds.
• Think ahead for yourself. This post , The Beauty Products I Always Run Out Of and Rebuy, got me thinking about the things I need to restock just so my future self can be less frazzled before running out the door to something or other.
• Be in love with your life, every bit, even Mondays. This can be challenging too. It’s all about perspective and ice cream sandwich rewards.
Let’s go get it!