This list of weekend reads was supposed to come your way on Sunday. That didn’t happen and I have a slight sunburn on my shoulders… such are the hazards (and joys) of summer living. I played hooky. We’re all allowed every once in a while, right?
This week I took a solo roadtrip to Ponce De Leon, Florida where they have the most temperate, mossy, magical fresh water spring. Brisk. Very brisk. Fresh. Very fresh. It was a sweet summer trip, especially I’ve got some summer bucket listing to live this fine month of August.
I hope you are living well. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously until after Labor Day, ok?
Here are some ready for the week:
• An incredible long read: A Terrifying Journey Through The World’s Most Dangerous Jungle. Imagine if this is what it took for you to find a safe and fulfilling life.
• Forgiveness. Compassion. Understanding. The Ballad of Rocky Rontal.
• Do Your Friends Really Like You? I mean… probably no. Ok? I know. I already know. Important: “Friends are people you take the time to understand and allow to understand you”.
• Longtime Cookbook Collaborator Makes Her Solo Debut. Julia Turshen is one of the most thoughtful recipe writers and I’m very excited for her book Small Victories.
• Flying with shrieking children? Give your neighbors a goody bag. I see parents on planes and they’re always on high alert, ready to hush the slightest sound and soothe any sorts of ants in the pants with an iPad. It seems like hard hard work. Maybe the childless passengers should hand out goody bags to the parents. I mean… a screaming baby is just expressing exactly how we all feel on an airplane. Who can blame them?
• How To Make Bakery Bread At Home. It takes some doing but it’s worth the effort and adds a whole new appreciation for very well made bread.
• New Orleans loves a monument. Pokemon Go monument.
• We’re looking chic and effortless and summery. I think this is sweet: LOFT Dot Flounce Dress.
• Come on down this rabbit hole with me. We’re learning to dance on YouTube with Fitness Marshall, ok? We’re gonna look spazzy and that’s half the fun.
• I’m part of a London Instagram Weekend Workshop with Belleannee and friends this September 16-18th! There are only a few spots open so if you’re interested hop on it!
That’s all for today. Carry on with it.