Here we are, all the way into the August of another year. How do you feel about August (besides sweaty and damp)? Feels to me like I’m readying myself for the transition to Autumn. For some reason, I feel the most shift in life this time of year. It’s exciting, with a few frayed edges, but I look forward to the possibility and change (and the leggings and turtlenecks and gemtones).
I hope you’re taking it easy today. Our ‘oh it’s summer’ days are coming to an end and the hard hustle is fast approaching.
May I humbly suggest you visit your local donut shop for a treat? That’s what I’m going to do, believe it.
Here’s our internet this week:
• Still going through it down here in the South: Cleanup Crews Roll Through Baton Rouge.
• This feels true and bizarre: We life in a pop culture world that Lou Pearlman Created
• We don’t just wear athleisure clothes because they’re comfortable, they also outwardly symbolize our aspiration for a healthy, controlled life. Those Lululemons don’t come cheap: Pajama Rich
• On adulting (likely child-free and working from home): I Suggest A Chemise as a lady of the home.
• Our girl is back. Britney Spears has been a pop icon for 20 years. To understand her, you need to understand her hair. This is so good.
• I was wondering so I googled it… as one does. Why Did Alicia Keyes Stop Wearing Makeup?
• Well, here we are in it: Like. Flirt. Ghost. Inside the Social Media Lives of Teens
• PSA: Making Food for a Man Will Not Get You Laid or Engaged. Good lessons… like that time we learned not to play in abandoned refrigerator on Punky Brewster. That was terrifying and you know it because we all thought Cherie was gonna die.
• Remember when we used to collect Pogs and Slammers? Vaguely? Were you a part of this trend? Here’s the motherhood version of that. How are your eyes? That was probably a deep eye roll. We’re fickle creatures sometimes.
• What flour makes the best biscuits? I’m experimenting with biscuits this Tuesday on Facebook LIVE. I remember my dad making ‘the good biscuits’ (as if there were bad ones?) with White Lily Flour, so let’s try together!
• We’ve got Kentucky Fried Chicken in our future because now we have the real recipe.
• A power book I ordered this week for my future self: In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from Over 100 Makers by Grace Bonney of DesignSponge!
• New Orleans Hidden Gem Restaurants! Come brave the heat with us, it’s totally worth it.
Live your best life today! Why not, right?