I’ve hustled my heart out in the kitchen with Jon this week and wrangled the Internet into a manageable list. Now I need to undo my belt and go contemplate the back of my eyelids for several hours. You… have some caffeine and I’ll catch up with you soon, real soon.
• Ok, so we gotta chill? Most everything will still be here tomorrow, but it’ll be real tough if our minds aren’t right. What I Learned From A Stroke At 26; Make Time To Untangle
• “Plenty of women wear clothing made for men as part of their personal style, for reasons that have nothing to do with boyfriends or with gender. But calling these clothes “boyfriend shirt” and “boyfriend jeans” makes it not about personal style but about a promise that this shirt will show everybody that you can get a man.” The Presumptions of ‘Boyfriend’ Clothes. Amen, preach, say it all the way.
• On the Carbs To Eat List: Cacio e Pepe
• This is what a dishwasher actually does to your knife. If you’re guessing that it doesn’t automatically wash and sharpen it for you, you’d be right.
• Here’s something I watched this week. Likely the best speech of our President’s presidency. President Obama Selma 50th Anniversary Speech.
• Co-founder of Refinery29 takes a good hard look at what they’re propelling: The Truth About Diversity
• In general, but especially on social media, BE MORE LIKE BEYONCE. Don’t fret the prism.
• I used to date a dude who said persimmon was his favorite fruit because it had his name in it. His name is Simon. I think of that every persimmon season and now you’re stuck with that thought now too. I don’t know why I let him get away with the extra M.
To thank you for carrying this burden with me: Persimmon Prosciutto and Brie Grilled Cheese.
• To watch: Iliza: Confirmed Kills. It’s funny, really funny.
• Of very real importance: How Unsanitary is Double Dipping?
• These are my dream earrings.
Let’s get on with it, slowly but surely.