It has been a doozy of a week and I hope you’re taking some time to scramble some eggs, char some tortillas, sip from your coffee cup, and take some time for yourself this morning.
Here’s how we lived this week:
• We’re here. All of us, and we’re not going anywhere. (Actually we’re going to go home to our families and jobs, but we’re like this in spirit all the damn time because we can multi-task, beast-mode like you wouldn’t believe.) Pictures From The Women’s March Around the World.
• Let’s read this: Nice Girls vs Kind Women.
• This is strong and beautiful. Ten letters a day made it to President Obama’s desk. Ten letters that wove the fabric of America… first read by intern, then brought to the President. “No filter. The handwriting, the ink, the choice of letterhead — every letter was a real object from a real person, and now you were holding it, and so now you were responsible for it.” To Obama With Love, and Hate, and Desperation
• President Obama’s last words to us as president, ironically / not ironically over Twitter: “It’s been the honor of my life to serve you. You made me a better leader and a better man. I won’t stop; I’ll be right there with you as a citizen, inspired by your voices of truth and justice, good humor and love. I’m still asking you to believe – not in my ability to bring about change, but in yours. I believe in change because I believe in you.”
• Sara Kate Gillingham is making boob pendants from clay and 100% of the proceeds go to Planned Parenthood and you best believe I have one, ok?
• Helpful and necessary. Secret to Success: a positive attitude.
• How To Never Run Out Of Ideas Again. Seems like the trick is to lower your standards, try and try- make and make- think and think. No one said it would be easy.
• Quick-to-learn new hobbies in 30 days Instagram doesn’t count as a hobby. Wait… does it?
• Experimenting with this book for my next cookbook club: Handmade Pasta Workbook and Cookbook.
• Come to the Paper Flower Making Workshop on January 28th!
• I went on a small road trip to Birmingham Alabama this week for work. Turns out Birmingham is so sweet (not surprised) and I had a really lovely meal at Chez Fonfon (that coconut cake!) and fantastic coffee at Octane. On the way home I did my self a favor and tested out this theory: America’s Best Chicken Nugget. I land in the Popeye’s camp. America is GREAT!
• If you have one skillet and one banana on hand: Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.
I love you. That is a real sentiment.