Hello my friends.
Welcome to this, the first Sunday in February- sign already that the days run away like wild horses over the hills. How are you this week? Worn in and worn out? Firm, fiery, emboldened? What’s your adjective? I feel like I’m a cat crouching, ready to pounce, afraid I’ll be one of those cat-fail videos on YouTube when they don’t stick the landing and slide off the icy fence. Still though… gotta jump.
But first, Sunday and coffee and reading.
Here’s some of the week, real and escapist:
• Divided we are, and here’s what that looks like: Blue feed v. Red feed
• This episode of Frontline we should all watch: The Battle for Iraq. I admire the people who take themselves to the front to make sure these stories are seen.
• SOS: I work from home.
• Jacques Pépin has taught us many things; the best among them, this egg: Pan-Crisped Deviled Eggs
• Saying NO is the new anti-aging cream, ok? Ok, yes.
• I literally do not know what’s real anymore. In related news, there’s a new dating app based on mutual dislikes called Hater… so… are we ok? Y/N?
• Quick question from these tired legs: What would happen if you never got up from your seat? Oh… your bones would just give up on you? Ok. We’ll get up (at some point).
• Next week here on Joy the Baker we’re getting down with a major Galentine’s Day menu. No shame in the game. Along with the menu I’m going to partner with LunaSkye for an Instagram giveaway that is such a treat. Look alive on Instagram this week!
• When you find yourself alone in the airport waiting for a flight with a phone that is also a camera and companion: All by myself.
• This week I hosted another Cookbook Club! We all made pasta from the Handmade Pasta Workbook and Cookbook and I must say, I can feel a new passion building. It’s so simple and so satisfying. We used this pasta rolling machine, and next week I’m headed here for colored pasta recipe variations.
• Podcast I just devoured: Accused. I’m true crime obsessed / trying always not to get murdered and knowledge is power.
• Time very well spent: Tres Leches Cake.
Enjoy your day. I hope you do! Much more soon.