Let’s just face it… we’re all on Instagram just scrolling and scrolling. Past weekend brunches, bachelorette parties, new puppies, lattes, sunsets… we’re seeing what all of our dear friends and strangers (we think are friends) are up to, being lightly nosey about people we don’t know, and definitely not casting an judgement at all. It’s compelling and infinite and so easy to get sucked into.
Here are a few of my favorites folks lately- the people that I’m happy to see when they pop up in my feed. It’s mostly food and lots of New Orleans. I hope you’ll find some inspiration for yourself:
From left to right, left to right, each row:
• @antiguafloral • Sara is a fantastic floral designer here in New Orleans. Her images and arrangements are loose and feminine and seem effortless. I love how she gathers.
• @marmaladebleue • Danielle makes typography out of food and it’s really cool and really inspiring and I hope one day soon we get to make a Drake on Cake together because that’s essentially my dreams made real.
• @bromabakery • Sarah has a beautiful blog and a stunning instagram to match. It’s easy breezy (beautiful Covergirl), but she loves cats and bagels and pink wine so obviously she’s a friend of mine. Also Sarah’s Insta-stories are both hilarious by way of cat videos and helpful by way of food-styling and photography.
• @izyhossack • You might know her as Top With Cinnamon, or the new Nigella… either way her food is lovely and I will be making her cinnamon knots as soon as her new book (The Savvy Cook) comes in the main. Soon soon!
• @caranicoletti • The words ‘my boo’ and ‘my everything’ come to mind here. Cara is the sister I never had.. even though I have two great ones. She’s a butcher in Brooklyn. She’s a woman in the world. She’s hilarious and knows everything about real life. Cara also makes the best brick chicken if you can get her to tell you her secrets. She told me once and I think I forgot them.
• @twomacks • BOLD, beautiful, feeling, vibrant, take it all, grab it all. I love love love the way Whitney photographs New Orleans. She picks up the magic because she has the magic in her.
• @portcitypantry • The best baked good in New Orleans and they don’t even have a brick and mortar bakery. Maybe it’s better that way. Get yourself some baked goods at Solo Espresso. If they have a slice of Gluten Free Rosemary Poundcake it’s truly your lucky day.
• @bakerhands • Tara runs a one room baking school in the mountains of North Carolina and if can be there, you should be there. Her Fall workshops are open for signup. Go bake with fire. It’s life changing.
• @jonjon33 • Jon can turn anything into an egg roll and always has portioned homemade cookie dough ready in his freezer for unexpected guests. From my experience of knowing him for the past few years I’m fairly certain he’s one of the best people in the world. Easy.
• @witandvinegar • I feel like Billy uses food and light, and a touch of math in a way that I don’t understand but fully appreciate. His feed is fun, and funny and deserves confetti and a follow.
• @hannahpickle • I love the joy Hannah captures in people. With New Orleans as a backdrop, it’s just a sweet sweet life.
• @drakeoncake • Listen, I know it’s my own account but it can still be one of my favorites. Most spicy Drake + Cake action coming soon!
Have a happy weekend! Get out in that sunshine and live it up!