Hello dear friends and Happy Holidays! Have you made it through the madness to a moment of rest? Last week was a swirl of tasks to complete before, as it would seem, EVERYONE takes a brake for the new year. I hope you’re included in that rest.
This week my friends and I pulled off the holiday dinner I’d been dreaming of for the past month – a Reveillon Dinner. We held it at my friend Sara’s floral studio. There were as many candles as there were flowers, along with decadent dishes like Rabbit Pot Pie, and oyster with champagne, and dessert boards with cream puffs. It’s a tremendous amount of work making your own dreams come true but gosh it’s so worthwhile!
I hope you have a peaceful holiday. Gift yourself and those around you with some extra patience these next few days. A little extra padding, ya know?
Here’s the offering today:
• Reflection: The Year in Pictures 2018 (NYT)
• These bodies are WILD and if you’re a person with estrogen in your body, you should read this: Listening to Estrogen. (The Cut)
• Who you tellin’? The Rise of Anxiety Baking. (The Atlantic)
• Turns out, Not Everything Is a Side Hustle. We can do things just for the sake of creating. Also I’m here for a deviled egg hobby, amen. (The Cut)
• Ann Friedman had One Lunch with (our beloved) Jonathan Gold. (Medium)
• Travel stuff and we go forward this week: Why airlines make you check your carry-on bags. (Vox)
• I’ve linked to this before but maybe you need a reminder and a little something to listen to for holiday travel: Everything Is Alive. (Everything is Alive)
• Here’s what I’m listening to while I travel next week: Becoming by Michelle Obama. She narrates and I’m so looking forward to the message! (Audible)
• Advice for these days: How To Stay Grounded When You’re Overworked & Overwhelmed. (MindBodyGreen)
• “Quit hogging the sheets, loveless void!” I LOLED. Instagram’s Favorite New Yorker Cartoons of 2018. (The New Yorker)
• Two things: I made these confetti shortbread cookies this week – they’re so easy and such a delight. Also, a recipe plugin in my site has gone sideways and that means recipes from a few years ago have gone invisible. I’m working on getting that fixed asap! So sorry!
Wishing you a restful holiday with peace and ease.
My love to you,