Hello dear friends!
Welcome to another fine Sunday!
When I started writing this very post the ‘T’ key on my laptop keyboard was not working (even with light touches and full on smashing). I couldn’t coax a T to save my life. I took to google, watched a video or two, removed the key and cleaned it, and SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEMS.
A pat on the back to all of us who solve our own problems on the regular. And while we’re being generous with gestures, a firm handshake to my last boyfriend who said I was hard to be with me because I didn’t need anything. Good day to you, sir. Good day.
I think I’ve got the T up and running, but if you see any missing from the words below, can you be gracious about it? I appreciate you.
This week feels like the first of summer though the calendar would tell us otherwise. Kids are out of school here in New Orleans and my front garden is both fully overgrown and dying of thirst – something I need to address with attention tomorrow.
I’ve got some travels coming up the next few weeks, so I’m enjoying quality time at home, working away, watching the trashiest of television, and soaking up some friend hangs. I hope these days are treating you well.
The offering this week is below. The invitation, as always, is to take whatcha need:
• 75 years ago this week. D-Day in Photos: Heroes of a More Certain Time. My goodness. Doesn’t this seem like a million years ago? These images brought tears to my eyes. (The New York Times)
• This week’s long-read is a thoughtful and beautifully written opinion piece: A Gun Killed My Son. So Why Do I Want to Own One? (The New York Times)
• Sadly, add Everest to the list of things we’ve ruined: Everest Is Over. (The Atlantic)
• The Rise of Laughing Gas in the Delivery Room. I mean – I’ll take that face mask now if you’re offering. (New York Times)
• I have stayed ready for this trend: The rise of granny panties. Thank you Rihanna. (Vox)
• You know what? Knowing how to give a good toast is a life skill we should all possess. How To Give An Awesome Toast. (Science of People)
• Making an interesting case for Drake. Let Drake Be An Asshole (Please). Canada we appreciate you / you’re fine / you’re great /really! / thank you for Drake, but please come get your man, tho. (Buzzfeed)
• This weekend I whipped up a batch of these legendary Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins. I don’t use the word ‘legendary’ lightly. They’re that good. (Joy the Baker)
• I’d very much like to make Deb’s Braised Ginger Meatballs in Coconut Broth (but with ground turkey) for dinner very soon. (Smitten Kitchen)
• I just re-upped on film for my little Fuji Instant Film Camera and I can’t recommend it enough for summertime LIVING! (Amazon)
• I’m suddenly redesigning my bedroom to incorporate this chair from Target.
• Discovered Moon River by Frank Ocean and it’s so dreamy I’m smitten. (Spotify)
• No more ‘black thumb’ excuses: Plant Doctor House Calls to save the day! (Apartment Therapy)
Enjoy this beautiful day!
My love to you,