Hello dear friends! Happy Sunday!
I’m feeling very much under the weather this week. Gosh as soon as I whipped that mask off I caught a nasty cold. It’s downright silly how debilitating a common cold can be and I’ve been trying to force myself to work through it which… well it hasn’t served me. Denial doesn’t seem to be working.
I’ll be better by Monday is what I’ve told myself.
How does this week find you?
The offering this week is below. I hope you find a few things you enjoy. As always, take only what you need.
• Burnout: Modern Affliction or Human Condition Friends, I think I might be under the shade of the juniper tree whispering ‘Enough’ but it’s probably just this bad cold. Either way Imma be ok, absolutely. (The New Yorker)
• I’m very much looking forward to the new Netflix series “High on the Hog”. Here’s why it matters: The Profound Significance of ‘High on the Hog’ (The New York Times)
• I’ve preordered Rebel Homemaker by Drew Barrymore. She’s got real charm. (Amazon)
• I want to pick up I Want To Thank You by Gina Hamadey this week. I love the idea of this gratitude practice. I love the idea of sending letters. My dad ordered me a bunch of stamps because he thought I’d like the designs (he was right, duh) and if that’s not reason enough to start this thank you letter binge, I don’t know what is. (Indiebound)
• This week I found inspiration from Tara Jensen @bakershands on Instagram. She made strawberry handpies and an all-butter pie crust with frozen butter in a way I’ve never seen. I’m going to spend my Sunday morning baking with the same technique making my Simple Jam Hand Pies. Just a little reminder that even when you think you know, there’s so much to learn. (Instagram, Joy the Baker)
• Played this song on repeat so many times I memorized it: Bluebird by Miranda Lambert. (Spotify)
• These bed linens are such a swoon (and a splurge): Society of Wanderers linen sheets.
• I have flowers and greens I pressed early panini last year and this is reminding me to do a little something with them: 3 Methods for Pressing Flowers (House that Lars Built)
• I could absolutely live in this Luisa Dress. (Sezane)
• Baked beans is my chosen summer barbecue side dish (alongside potato salad of course). These Root Beer Baked Beans I made years ago are FANTASTIC! I think I’ll try it in the instant pot this season. (Joy the Baker)
• Don’t these look dreamy? Sprouted Kitchen’s Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups. (Sprouted Kitchen)
• The Bakehouse is hosting a Virtual Peach Cobbler Class this Father’s Day weekend. Dad’s love cobbler is just a fact so get in on this class with us!
Enjoy your Sunday!
My love to you!