Hello dear friends! Another fine Sunday! What good fortune.
I hope this finds you well. I hope this finds you cozy because here we are in the coziest season of the year. Yes. It’s almost almost time to start thinking about sweaters and I am READY. I’m ready for sweaters up until the exact moment that I’m ready for summer again. It won’t be long into our chilly New Orleans winter that I’ll secretly wish back the heat and humidity. I’d rather be hot than cold. How about you?
This week found me… well, if I’m being honest, short on patience. I always manages to find my patience, but I could tell from my very frustrated inner dialogue that patience was a commodity in short supply. Can you see me fake smiling right now? I’m doing it. Most people don’t know it’s fake and as long as I don’t open my mouth and let any words out I can manage. :)
There is one thing I’m proud of this week. I ran a 10k and a 10k did not run me. I got it! I really just had to chill out and coach myself with more kindness. I did and I just ran. This week I’m trying for 8 miles. I’m going to recruit my kindest inner coach.
How are you? How was your week? That’s a real question.
The offering this week is below. There are some news links that I can’t carry in my heart right now and I can’t link to here. It’s just… I’m recognizing my capacity and I’m not at my deepest. I hope you find something here you need.
• We’re been talking about “pandemic fatigue” for months if not a year by now. I’m really feeling it these days. Maybe it’s all been exacerbated by natural disaster. But is the worst of the pandemic over? I’m hesitant to think positively about it because we’re still very much in it: Vaccine hesitant people are dying, and their loved ones want the world to listen empathetically. (NPR and The Guardian)
• We owe it to ourselves to look at this contrast: Gabby Petito, Online Detectives, and the Queasy Places Our True Crime Obsession HaveTaken Us and 710 indigenous people, mostly girls, were reported missing over the past decade in Wyoming. We’ve heard barely a peep. (Vanity Fair and Insider)
• So what you’re telling me is, life is a scam and life is a lie? Fake Dear Prudence Letters. Ok honestly, even if it is – this was a delight to read. (Gawker)
• My favorite podcast episode this week was from Cherry Bombe Radio. Turns out our dear Kerry Diamond is a the Trader Joe’s Virgin. Follow along oh her inaugural journey. Cookie butter.
• Please let the record reflect that my absolute favorite person on TikTok is @hellotefi for all of her 90’s celebrity relationship recaps. It is GOLD. Am I on TikTok yet? No. I’ve checked and there simply are not enough hours in the day. (TikTok)
• Devising a plan to make Deb’s Whole Lemon Lemon Meringue Pie Bars into a pumpkin treat. Going to see about it next week. (Smitten Kitchen)
• Bought this sweater with oranges. I think I’m a sucker for clothing with fruit and I have no regrets. (Cider)
• Ok imagine you sit on a stick of fried mozzarella: Mozzarella Schnitzel. (Food52)
• This recipe for Roasted chicken thighs and with grapes caught my attention this week.(Williams Sonoma)
Have a lovely Sunday! Take some rest if you can.
My love to you.