I don’t know friends. I just don’t even know.
What I do know is that I’ve been waking up at 4am worried about people half a world away. Horrified by the kinds of choices they’re having to make right now. I stress cleaned both bathrooms. I baked two loaves of bread for no reason. I brainstormed a few good recipes to bring you this March. I fell asleep in the middle of the day for two hours – I couldn’t even help it. I wrote an email acknowledging a blown deadline.
Here we are together on a Sunday and that’s something I hold dear. Here’s the offering today. Please let your Sunday be filled with things that feel easy and good, like black tea and gummy fruit snacks in the afternoon sun spot at home. As always, take only what you need:
• In contrast: TikTok and the Vibes Revival. Vibes are the only escape right now. Is that correct? (The New Yorker)
• Please read our friend Amy Estes’ latest piece it’s fantastic: Teaching In Context. (corporealkhora.com)
• Here’s an interview I did with The 247. We chat about creative burnout and crafting, passion projects and brand building. The are some great interviews and profiles on the site if you’re looking for some inspiration! (The 247)
• This podcast episode from NPR’s Life Kit has me maaaaybe gonna: How to train for your first marathon. (NPR)
• Ok, where are we going to get a bunch of passion fruits? Passionfruit Yoghurt Loaf looks BEYOND! (Gather and Feast)
• I’ve been on a journey researching homemade frozen coffee drinks for a recipe development project and I’m in deep on make-at-home Starbucks drinks. Did you know there’s a syrup (maybe paste is more the right word) you can make with xanthan gum and add to frozen coffee drinks to give your drink that emulsified creamy texture!? Frappuccino base syrup. This is both exciting and scary.
• Last weekend for a year, friends. Get after it. Mardi Gras King Cake. (Joy the Baker)
• If you’ve never experienced a Mardi Gras, I’m here to tell you it’s more an epic celebration of creativity. Here’s one of my favorite examples: Red Beans Parade (Louisiana Travel)
• It’s National Strawberry Day right here in February! To celebrate, our super cute strawberry necklaces with Delicacies are back in stock in limited supply! We sold out a few weeks ago, so if you didn’t get a chance to snag your strawberry – don’t hesitate!
As a reminder, $10 from each necklace purchase goes to Second Harvest Food Band serving South Louisiana. So far we’ve donated 10,400 meals (!!!) to Second Harvest and we’re thrilled to continue our support with your purchase. It’s very feel-good! Grab yourself a necklace and receive 15% off your entire order using code joythebaker15! Discount code is good through Monday, February 28th at midnight. Free shipping on orders over $100!
Enjoy today, friends!
My love to you!