Friends, hello, good Sunday to you!
We’re going to keep it cute and short this Sunday. While my body is here in Houston working this weekend, my head and and heart are still up in the Colorado mountains cruising down the winding roads on the back of Will’s bike. It’s called summer vacation and… turns out it’s a state of mind.
I hope this finds you rested and well. If not rested then at least nearing full caffeination.
• The Fascinating Science Behind What Causes Freckles and wow I’m late to the game but WE’RE FAKING FRECKLES NOW, did you know? I once had a boyfriend tell me his favorite part about me was my freckles. Here’s the thing – I don’t have freckles so… I dumped him. (Allure)
• One Woman’s Wholesome Mission To Get Naked Outside. This goes on the summer bucket list immediately. With the amount of clothes I’m able to wear this summer I’m nearly there honestly. (Outside)
• This is my true and actual lifestyle: A Middle-Aged Person Takes Up A Hobby (Defector)
• Catch me out here renewing a month of HBO Max just to watch Edge of the Earth with clammy sweaty palms.
• Will and I rode up Pike’s Peak on his motorcycle. Steep, winding, glorious, elevation 14,115 feet. I can’t imagine pushing a literal peanut up the mountain but yes, ok, handshake to you sir. (9News)
• This cheeky Sungold Saffron Tomato Sauce looks like something I’m going to do with red cherry tomatoes and smoky paprika because I can’t leave well enough alone. (Instagram)
• I loved this interview with Chrysta Bilton, author of Normal Family on Cup of Jo. It’s next on my To Read List after Lessons in Chemistry. (Cup of Jo, Bookshop.org)
• For my true crime friends, hi – I have a podcast for you: Father Wants Us Dead. And if you’re not deep in the true crime genre do definitely disregard. This is a darkness.
• Weren’t Toby’s links last week just great? If you missed them, here’s your immediate mood boost. And here’s what we thought about this time last year. (Joy the Baker)
• Now I need to know the baking secrets of baking icon, Linda Skeens. (TikTok)
Have the most wonderful Sunday!
My love to you.
I flash mountains (or trees or lakes or whatever wildness I can find) whenever possible. It’s one of my favorite outdoor activities.
Tron seems like a cool dude. Good luck with 2nd kitty. Be patient.
Looks to me like you visited Garden of the Godsz?
I read Chrysta’s interview on CoJ and immediately ordered the book. As soon as it arrived I couldn’t put it down!!! You’ll love it!!
Lessons in Chemistry was a five star read for me – one of my favorites of this year!
Have you watched 100 Foot Wave on HBO Max? Not super stressful, but very entertaining!
The Today Show found Linda Skeens and she appeared on a segment this past week…Thursday or Friday?
She is a very downhome midwestern woman who just loves to bake and has no interest in a social media platform or being famous. She brough lots of samples…which the hosts raved about…and was very camera comfortable and fun to listen to.
Enjoy the ride!!!
Is it psychotic to find Edge of the Earth more anxiety inducing than any true crime? Like, with a true crime sitch, you already know what the terrible outcome is and you’re unpacking it in reverse. But when someone is dangling from a sheer rock wall by their bare fingertips -ON PURPOSE- that’s just too much suspense!
The article about middle age hobbies and paddle boarding could have been written about me…lol! A couple of years back, at 45, I was convinced I needed a paddle board…I live in Michigan…the Great Lakes state…what could be better?? I had visions of getting up early (haha!), hitting the local beach, paddling before anyone else gets up. I was inspired by my older sister who actually DOES this….then I actually tried her paddle board and it was a hot mess! I’ve decided to just borrow or rent the odd paddle board when given the opportunity and instead spend my early mornings reading Joy the Baker, making biscuits for my teenagers and drinkIng coffee. Thanks for today’s reads. All wonderful! Can’t wait to watch Edge of the Earth and live out my adventurous dreams. Happy week everyone!
Love that article. But is it butt naked or buck naked? I prefer buck.
Can’t wait to start the podcast! I am deeeeeep into true crime so don’t worry about me!
Ordered the book Lessons in Chemistry immediately, needed a new summer read! Thanks!