Hello friends! We’ve made it to where we’re supposed to be this morning.
Everytime I move to a new place I forget about the learning curve. The subtle but constant reality of always seeming to be in the incorrect lane, exiting the wrong driveway, or having to take another lap around the grocery store looking for canned pumpkin (it’s on the end caps – it’s October, after all). In return for all of my extra efforts, I live across the street from VERY GOOD soup dumplings so it’s all worth it. And Will – I get to live just down the way from Will, too.
Aside from being perpetually lightly lost, I’m also slowly learning to root for the Astros. The Dodgers fan in me has learned that life is full of surprises.
This week our Sunday reads are a list of things I’m listening to and hope to eat. Sweaters only, y’all.
• I unabashedly love a “y’all.” Y’all, The Most Inclusive Pronoun (The New York Times)
• A little understanding and appreciation of the punching bag of Halloween candy: In Defense of Candy Corn. (The Atlantic)
• Radio Cherry Bombe has some great episodes always but especially as of late and recently I’ve really enjoyed this interview between Kerry Diamond and Crate & Barrell CEO Janey Hayes. (Radio Cherry Bomb)
• This recipe for Stewed Black Eyed Peas with Collard Greens in going on the menu next week. (Butter Be Ready)
• My friend Kristen is an incredibly inspiring and informative gardener and just watching her clean her tools is a soothe. Anyone want to watch me do the dishes? (Instagram)
• Late one sleepless night this past week I found myself in bed listening to Radiohead’s OK Computer. I was 16 again. It is Whole Album Autumn. What are your favorites? (Spotify)
• The latest issue of Joy the Baker Magazine will have you SET for this holiday’s baking adventures and I’d love for you to have it! (Magazine Shop)
• This time last year I was training for the half marathon. This year I am not BUT I will be out on the course in Houston with a sign cheering for everyone. The Internet is filled with sign ideas but I bet you have some good ideas too. (Pinterest)
• My next read is this spook of a book: When She Returned by Lucinda Berry (Bookshop.org)
• In case you missed it on JtB, Abby wrote about her favorite Trader Joe’s items and I absolutely used it as my grocery shopping list this week. Also – do not miss the comment section. We all ride hard for Joseph. (Joy the Baker)
• I’m ready for everything I wear to be sweater material. (American Eagle)
Have a lovely Sunday, friends!
My love to you.