Apple Gouda and Spicy Honey Tart
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 1/2 Quick Puff Pastry Recipe
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced to 1/8-thickness
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- spinkle sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups grated gouda cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour the counter with flour and lightly flour a rolling pin, too.
- Roll the chilled puff pastry into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. The size doesn’t really matter, just go for thickness. Use a large knife to trim the edges to an even rectangle. Transfer the pastry to the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a small, sharp knife to score a rectangle 1-inch inside the edge of the pastry. Lightly brush pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle the pastry with half the cheese.
- In a medium bowl toss together apple slices, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
- Line apple slices in three rows down the pastry. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the tart cools stir together honey and red pepper flakes. If you like it spicy, add the 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Slice tart into generous wedges. Drizzle with honey and dot with fresh oregano. Enjoy warm.