Let It Be Sunday!
Hello friends! It’s Sunday and it’s Valentine’s Day and I hope someone that loves you made you a cup of coffee and kissed you on the head. I hope your day is filled with warmth.
I’ve been in Asheville, North Carolina this week, wearing a puffy jacket (it’s not so warm), sorting my mind and settling some life. Asheville seemed like a good place to get sorted with very good company from Ashley and Glenn and their tribe of homesteaders and artists.
The Internet happened this week and I tried not to pay it much mind, just because… sometimes the Internet is better left mostly unattended. Here are some things that caught me:
• Because we all care about love very very much. Eileen Myles on the Excruciating Pain of Waiting for Love
• File under, Very Good Questions? How To Be Human: how much should I sacrifice to make a relationship work? You know… easy Valentine’s Day reads.
• How People Learn To Become Resilient “Which side of the equation weighs more? The resilience or the stressors?” It’s like, who you gonna listen to? The strength or the stress? (Sometimes the stress dammit, but usually not dammit.)
• I found love because I got lucky; not because I changed myself. Thumbs up. Not sarcastic.
• It just gets really weird, ok? The Incredibly Sad World of Niche Dating Apps
• Here’s a Sunday rabbit hole that will also make you feel old. The teens are killing us at the snapchat game. (And we’re ok with it, right?) How to Snapchat Like The Teens
• Why fruits and vegetables taste better in Europe. We’re Americans and we want to grow ALL the tomatoes even if they don’t taste that great.
• What makes The Perfect Email? Keep it short. Keep it sweet. No emojis? Wait… how many exclamation points is too many exclamation points?
• Citrus and Greens, Avocado and Cashew. A very good Winter salad that is bright and bold.
I love you. Not just today but usually.