Let It Be Sunday!
Hello my friends!
I hope you are well in this weekend with a good pair of thick socks and extra cream in your coffee. The chill is here, wouldn’t you say?
This past week I was lucky enough to tour the White House kitchen and talk about gingerbread with the White House Executive Pastry Chef Susan Morrison. It was surreal and really such an incredible opportunity. We decorated gingerbread cookies together… I promptly broke several cookies as she was demonstrating… so, oops. I was nervous. I break things when I’m nervous. The White House is mighty. Just thinking about all of the men and women we’ve asked to live in that house and lead us… it’s a humbling building to be in. The walls vibrate.
Here are some thoughts from the week:
• This is weighty but interesting: The American Dream, Quantified At Last
• Love and strength and two beautifully brave humans: John Glenn + Annie Glenn
• Are you a Christmas tree purist or do you have the fake sort that lives in the attic most of the year? Real Christmas Trees or Fake, which is better for the planet? This just makes me realize I really want to visit a Christmas tree farm.
• The images from our year on earth together: The Top 25 News Photos of 2016
• Weekend Read: The Man In The Woods
• How To Roast The Best Potato Of Your Life. Big promises. I’ll bite.
• Let’s get back in the bundt game, right? Honey Grapefruit Bundt Cake
• Festive cake thoughts: Orange Gingerbread Cake with cream cheese frosting
• Sweater weather, amiright?
I hope your Sunday is supreme. Take good care.