Let It Be Sunday, 142!
Hello sweet friends!
I hope this Sunday proves to be a restful cure to bleary eyes and weary backs. That’s what I’m hoping for myself and I’ll just pass those hopes on to you. It’s a short list today, but I promise this week will have some recipe gems and good vibes. There’s more to come. Here’s our Sunday reading for here and now:
• I first listened to this story on The Daily Podcast (linked in the story as well). Give it a read / listen. It’s very human and gives life to a perspective we might not always see this closely: Becoming a Steelworker Liberated Her. Then Her Job Moved To Mexico.
• In search of perspective with an openness that is important. Inspired By #MeToo, I Talked To A Sexist I Actually Love.
• File under, Not Surprising At All: The Secretive Family Making Billions From The Opioid Crisis
• My goodness, honestly: Why Are Prosecutors Putting Innocent Witnesses In Jail?
• 9 Book About Money That Every Woman Should Read. Getting our dollar bills are important. Not long ago I asked my financial planner friend Jessi to give me the low-down: Pro Tips From A Financial Planner. Don’t talk about it, be about it.
• Very shortly I’m going to figure out how to make this wreath for myself: Magnolia Leaf Wreath. And in related news, I’ll have a paper flower poinsettia tutorial up on the blog for you after Halloween.
• An offering for your Autumn Baking List: Pear Crumble Coffee Cake.
• I’m putting together a more comprehensive schedule of events for workshops and classes at The Bakehouse! Find the schedule here! This weekend we had a pretzel making adventure (see photo evidence above). And! There will be more classes for this holiday season added soon! Also, follow along with the adventures on Instagram: @thebakehousenola. Hope you’ll come play!
• What’s on your reading list right now? This is a cry for help.
• Excuse me while I shut out the world and sit on the couch in this sweater for as long as I want.
• When it comes to cookies, it literally doesn’t get better than these: Milk Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies. I remade them just last week and praise-hands there is still dough left in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this day!
I think you’re great.