Dipped + Crisp Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
For the Cookies:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for coating
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Beat for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract egg and beat on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat until just combined.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl, ensuring that all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients all at once. Beat on low speed until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and finish mixing with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough chills, preheat the oven.
- Place a rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place about 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl for coating the dough. Spoon cookie dough by the tablespoonful into the palm of your hand. Gently roll into a ball and coat in sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet and use a fork to mark the cookies with a cross-hatch pattern. Place cookies on the sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes until removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until completely smooth and combined. Place in a small but deep bowl for dipping. Place the salt and chopped peanuts in separate bowls near your dipping area. Dip the cookies halfway into the melted chocolate. Place on a parchment lined tray. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and a bit of sea salt. Place in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate. I bagged my cookies up and store them in the refrigerator. Delicious!