New Orleans and Emeril inspired Muffuletta Pasta Salad is satisfying and feeds a small army! Great to take to a potluck!
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 pound pasta shells, cooked until soft and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped finely (a heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 – 1/4-inch slices dry salami, cut into small cubes
- 3 – 1/4-inch thick slices boiled ham, cut into small cubes
- 3 – 1/4-inch thick slices roasted chicken, cut into small cubes
- 3 – 1/4-inch thick slices provolone cheese, cut into small cubes
- pitted black olives, sliced
- pitted green olives, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce or sriracha, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan to top
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add onions, garlic, celery, parsley and dried herbs. Toss to combine.
- Add cubed meats and cheese, sliced olives, and a bit of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously. Taste and add more salt and pepper as necessary. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the pasta salad and toss. Cover and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Toss and serve chilled!
- Serving Size: 6 servings