- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 thick sliced seeded whole wheat bread
- about 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- wedge of Brie cheese, sliced thin (rind and all)
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tomatoes on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Allow to roast for 20 minutes until bubbling and browned a bit. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit.
- Place a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Butter both sides of all slices of bread. Spread two slices of bread with basil pesto and parmesan cheese. Top the two remaining slices with Brie cheese and roasted tomato.
- Sandwich together and grill on both sides until the bread is golden and crisp and the Brie is melted.
- Slice in half and enjoy immediately.