- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment paper. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with 1 cup of mini marshmallows, half of the peppermint candy, and half of the pretzel pieces.
- In a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan stir together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup, halt and half, and sea salt over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and combined. The mixture will still be simmering as you stir in the chocolate so be careful!
- Clip a candy thermometer to the edge of the pot and watch as the mixture comes to 234 degrees F. There’s no need to stir the mixture as it comes up to temperature.
- Once the mixture reaches 234 degrees F, remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows to the still warm chocolate fudge. Using electric hand beaters, beat the mixture together until marshmallows are completely melted and combined, about 3 minutes.
- While the mixture is still warm, pour it over the marshmallows, peppermint, and pretzels in the prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle the top of the fudge with the remaining marshmallows, peppermint, and pretzels. Press in just slightly while the fudge is still warm.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap or foil and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until solid through.
- Once cooled, remove from the pan and slice into small cubes.
- Wrap individually and share with everyone!