Extra Nutty Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small handful pecan halves, walnut halves, and roasted hazelnuts
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and lightly spray the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolates and butter in a small, heat-proof bowl. Place bowl over a small pot of simmering water (creating a double boiler), or microwave the mixture at 50% for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until glossy and completely melted. Stir in cocoa powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until thoroughly combined. Whisk in vanilla extract. Add the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir until thoroughly combined and spoon into prepared pan. Top with nuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the brownies are slightly puffed, the nuts are golden brown, and the top is no longer glossy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and removing from the pan.