For the Salad
- 2 cups farro
- 3 small beets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- coarse sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, smoky paprika
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls of salad greens, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- splash red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the faro. Bring about 5 cups of water to a boil. Season the boiling water with salt. Add the farro and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the farro until puffed and tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Place a rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub beets and remove the leafy green stems. Place beets in a large piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and seal up the foil. Set on a rimmed baking sheet and place on the center rack on the oven to roast until softened through, about 30 minutes depending on the size of your beets.
- On another rimmed baking sheet, scatter cauliflower chunks in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Place on the upper rack of the oven a roast until browned, sizzling, and softened through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven once or twice during roasting to toss and stir the cauliflower.
- Remove both the roasted beets and roasted cauliflower from the oven and allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the beets and slice into chunks.
- In a large bowl toss together cooked farro, roasted beets, roasted cauliflower, salad greens, and crumbled feta.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, shake together all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and season.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad. Toss and serve.
- Serving Size: 6