For the Cake
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled Oreo cookies plus more cookies for topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half if large
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan, dust with flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coffee, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients, all at once to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the whipped cream topping. In a medium bowl whip the cream, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla to soft peaks. Add the cookie crumbled and fold to combine.
- To top the cake, dollop whipped cream on top of the cooled cake and spread into an even layer. top with strawberries and cookie crumbles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.