Charred Corn with Pistachio Cilantro Lime Rub
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves (it’s ok to add some of the tender stems as well)
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios
- juice of 2 juicy limes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- salt and pepper to taste (remember the pistachios are salted)
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- feta cheese (optional) to top
- You’ll need an open flame to char the corn. Leaving the corn raw, char over a barbecue or over the open flame of your gas stovetop. Rotate and turn, allow to pop and sizzle, until charred around.
- Remove from the flame and drizzle with melted butter. Of course.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, combine cilantro leaves, pistachios, lime juice, cumin, cardamom, pinch of salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Pulse in the food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil, continuing to pulse the picture as it emulsifies.
- Mixture won’t be smooth and pourable, but will be very well chopped and emulsified. Spreadable is more the texture of this pesto. Taste and season as needed.
- Use your fingers to rub the pesto on all sides of the warm corn. This is a messy and imperfect endeavor. Sprinkle with feta cheese, if using. Serve and enjoy!