What You’ll Need
- 3 cups warm white rice
- 1 cup black beans, drained and heated through
- 4 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 ripe Haas avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 fresh tomato salsa
- 1 plantain, peeled, sliced, and fried in a bit of olive oil
- sliced pickled jalapeños
- salt, pepper, and hot smoked paprika to taste
- This breakfast is more about assembly than anything. Gather together your ingredients: fluff the rice, warm the black beans, season and scramble the eggs, slice the avocado, potion out salsa, and fry the plantains.
- Divide the rice between two shallow bowls or plates. Top each portion of rice with black beans. Season with salt, pepper, and smoky paprika. It’s all about building layers of flavor. Top the beans salsa followed by scrambled eggs. Top with avocado slices, pickled jalapeños, and fried plantains. Again season with salt, pepper, and hot smoked paprika. Enjoy immediately!
- Serving Size: 2