- about 4 quarts water
- 2 lemons cut into large wedges (1 for boiling, 1 for serving)
- 1 head of garlic, skin left on, head sliced off to reveal garlic cloves
- 1/2 bag (about 1/2 cup) shrimp, crawfish and crab boil wrapped in cheesecloth and tied
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 4 ears corn, husked and broken in half
- 1.25 lbs raw shrimp, unpeeled with legs but no heads
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper for topping
- smoky paprika for topping
- In a large stock pot, combine water, 1 lemon in wedges squeezed into the water, head of garlic, shrimp boil seasoning, onion, thyme, and sea salt (I added about 2 tablespoons to the boil water). Taste the boil liquid as it warms to see that it’s salty enough.
- Once boiling, add the potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the corn pieces and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Add the unpeeled shrimp and cook until pink throughout and curled, about 3 minutes. Remove pot from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the garlic, potatoes, corn, and shrimp onto a large rimmed platter. Drizzle with about 1 cup of the boiling liquid and the melted butter. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- The shrimp boil can be strained and saved for seafood stock! Freeze it up!
- Serving Size: 4