- 1 – 12 pack Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 2 small chicken breasts
- bay leaf, black peppercorns, salt,
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled hot wing sauce (however hot you’d like)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper if you’d like
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place chicken breast in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cool water to cover the chicken by 1-inch and and a few peppercorns and bay leaf if you’d like. Place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and test the chicken for doneness.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the poaching liquid, place on a clean cutting board and use two forks to shread the chicken. Allow to cool to mostly room temperature.
- Stir in hot sauce, and mayonnaise. Add more of each or both according to your desired wetness and taste. Toss in celery, and salt and pepper if needed.
- Slice 2-inch slices into each sweet bun. Don’t separate the rolls and don’t slice through to the bottom of the rolls. Gently use your fingers to create a space for the chicken within the roll. Spoon chicken mixture into the rolls. Top with crumbled blue cheese and chopped chives.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours (they can start to get soggy) or serve immediately. They’re delicious!