For the Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- pinch of granulated sugar
- pinch of garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for topping the salad
For the Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, baked to crisp, cooled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 an English cucumber, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons sliced cornichon pickles
- extra blue cheese crumbles
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- First make the salad dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined, then add the blue cheese and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to top the salad.
- To assemble the salad the salad, cut the bottom core off the lettuce head and slice t into quarters. Feel free to cut the quarters into smaller wedges if you’d like.
- Top with dressing, bacon pieces, tomato, cucumber, avocado, onion, pickles, extra blue cheese, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately, although you can cover and store these dressed salad wedges overnight.
- Serving Size: 2