Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Homemade Drumsticks
- Prep Time: 90
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the Cookie Dough
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
For the Drumsticks
- 12 sugar cones
- 10 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- chopped pecans and sea salt for topping
- In a medium bowl using an electric hand beater, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes in the bowl. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add all at once to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat.
- To assemble the cones, drizzle a spoonful of melted chocolate into the inside of the cone. Swirl the cone around and pour the excess chocolates back into the chocolate bowl. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Remove the cones and the ice cream from the freezer and quickly spoon ice cream into the cones. Top each cone with a small scoop of cookie dough. Press it gently onto the ice cream filled cone and place on a baking sheet and freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- Once frozen through, dip the tops in the remaining chocolate, sprinkle with salt and pecans and allow to freeze until ready to serve.